Annette Funicello 1972
1. Tall Paul
2. How Will I Know My Love
3. Pineapple Princess
4. Como Esta Usted
5. Lonely Guitar
6. It Took Dreams
7. Dream Boy
8. First Name Initial
9. O Dio Mio
11. My Heart Becomes of Age
12. Wild Willie
13. Mister Piano Man
14. Jo Jo the Dog-faced Boy
15. Luau Cha Cha Cha
1. Tall Paul: A cute sort of song. Was one of her best known.
2. How Will I Know My Love : This is a group of people singing with Annette singing alone from time to time. It's fairly nice.
3. Pineapple Princess: This is another of her well-known songs and is really cute.
4. Como Esta Usted: Horrible. Really, truly, horrible.
5. Lonely Guitar: Her voice is good on the song. What really, really hurts it is some of the strange background playing. The song should have just been her and someone playing the guitar, gently. Instead we get something that's a mix of Secret Agent Man and The Outer Limits. There's a video I saw with the her singing the same song but without all the background stuff and it was really good.
6. It Took Dreams: This is one of what I guess I would call the moral-type theme songs. Don't Jump to Conclusions was about just that; this one is about fulfilling one's dreams. From that viewpoint it's a good song.
7. Dream Boy: Fu-ni-cu-li (or however you spell that) with different words. Not bad.
8. First Name Initial: Pretty good. Nice words, nice beat, good singing by Annette.
9. O Dio Mio: Sung entirely in Italian. Not a bad song.
10. Hawaiiannette: A fairly decent song but not that great. The main problem, as with many of her songs, is not her but the background singers which are often more annoying that useful.
11. My Heart Becomes of Age: I think someone is using a ukulele on the song. Sort of cute, really. Definitely an older sound to this, lots of sax and background singing (sort of).
12. Wild Willie: Song about a guy that plays around. The background singers are overdone rather a bit. Annette's singing is fine, though.
13. Mister Piano Man: Her voice just doesn't seem to match the type of voice I picture singing this type of song. I think it takes a more mature, sensual voice for this song.
14. Jo Jo the Dog-faced Boy: This has to go down as being one of the strangest songs I have ever heard. Still, in a way, it's actually sort of cute in the 'it's so god awful bad it's cute' manner.
15. Luau Cha Cha Cha: Fairly decent, nice beat.
Main Annette Index