Muscle Beach Party
1. Muscle Beach Party
2. A Girl Needs a Boy
3. Surfer's Holiday
4. I Dream About Frankie
5. Muscle Bustle
6. Merlin Jones
7. Custom City
8. Draggin' City
9. Rebel Rider
11. Shut Down
12. The Scrambled Egghead
1. Muscle Beach Party: Typical beach-type song of the time.
2. A Girl Needs a Boy : A slow song. A fairly decent song.
3. Surfer's Holiday: Another good beach type of song.
4. I Dream About Frankie: Fairly good song, but nothing special.
5. Muscle Bustle: Another 'dance-craze' type of song. Sort of cute.
6. Merlin Jones: To go with the movie, sort of cute.
7. Custom City: A Beach Boys-type song. I think it would have been if sung by them or by some male; it just doesn't seem like a song a girl of that times would sing.
8. Draggin' City: Another cars-oriented song that again is more suited to a male singer of the times than a female singer.
9. Rebel Rider : Okay, but that's it.
10. Wakiki: Beach-type song. I think this would have made a really neat song for the Beach Boys (with a few modifications relating to the gender of the singer.)
11. Shut Down: A car-racing type of sing, reminding one of the Beach Boys songs of this type. It's quite good.
12. The Scrambled Egghead: From the Merlin Jones movie. It opens with talking. There's more talking during the song. More talking than singing.
Main Annette Index