This is a set of five CDs with a massive number of songs.
The Story Disc 1
1. A Boy to Love
2. A Girl Needs a Boy
3. Aloha Oe
4. Amo Que Paso
6. Baby Don't Stop Now
7. Beach Party Tonight
8. Because You're You
9. Better Be Ready
10. Bikini Beach
11. Blame It On The Bossa Nova
12 Blue Hawaii
13. California Sun
14. Come Esta Usted
15. Date Night in Hawaii
16. Don't Jump to Conclusions
17. Dream Boy
18. Dreamin' About You
19. Especially For You
20. First Name Initial
1. A Boy to Love : A good song with Annette singing well.
2. A Girl Needs a Boy: A slow song. A fairly decent song.
3. Aloha Oe: This song doesn't work. Annette is singing some of the words in an almost clipped style.
4. Amo Que Paso: Another slow song, sounds Spanish in style. Pretty good.
5. Annette: This is the one from the Mickey Mouse Club that Jimmie Dodd wrote for Annette. He also sings it. He also talks during the song.
6. (Baby) Don't Stop Now: An all-right song.
7. Beach Party Tonight: Typical beach party song of the times.
8. Because You're You: A romance song that doesn't work. For one, the background singer makes the oddest sounds. This is also not a song suited to Annette's voice.
9. Better Be Ready: Pretty much an average song. Not one that will stick in your mind.
10. Bikini Beach: A really cute beach song.
11. Blame It On The Bossa Nova: Another good song with Annette.
12 Blue Hawaii: Too much background singing basically downing out Annette. Also, she doesn't seem to do a very good job with this song.
13. California Sun: Another beach-type song. It's rather cute.
14. Come Esta Usted: Horrible. Really, truly, horrible.
15. Date Night in Hawaii: Another fairly cute song.
16. Don't Jump to Conclusions; Okay. This one is strange. Very strange. Not that great.
17. Dream Boy: Fu-ni-cue-li (or however you spell that) with different words. Not bad.
18. Dreamin' About You: Another cute song and pretty good.
19. Especially For You: A fairly nice song.
20. First Name Initial: Pretty good. Nice words, nice beat, good singing by Annette.
The Story, Disc 2
22. Hey Mama
23. Holiday in Hawaii
24. How About That
25. How Will I Know My Love
26. I Dream About Frankie
27. It Takes Two to Tango
28. It Took Dreams
29. It's Really Love
30. Jo-Jo the Dog-faced Boy
31. Just a Toy
32. Let's Twist Again
33. Like a Baby
34. Lonely Guitar
35. Love Me Forever
36. Luau Cha Cha Cha
37. Ma He's Making Eyes at Me
38. Mr. Piano Man
39. Muscle Beach Party
40. Music! Music! Music!
21. Hawaiiannette: A fairly decent song but not that great. The main problem, as with many of her songs, is not her but the background singers which are often more annoying that useful.
22. Hey Mama: A mother mistreats her daughter. Her mother also took away her Mickey Mouse ears. Cute song and unusual for an Annette song.
23. Holiday in Hawaii: A typical Hawaiian type song and quite cute.
24. How About That: More upbeat, typical song of the times. Average.
25. How Will I Know My Love This is a group of people singing with Annette singing alone from time to time. It's fairly nice.
26. I Dream About Frankie: Fairly good song, but nothing special.
27. It Takes Two to Tango: Sort of a cute song.
28. It Took Dreams: This is one of what I guess I would call the moral-type theme songs. Don't Jump to Conclusions was about just that; this one is about fulfilling one's dreams. From that viewpoint it's a good song.
29. It's Really Love: Her singing is really good in this song, but the background music has a particular note that it keeps hitting over and over and it messes up the song. Maybe they lacked confidence in her singing or something, but there are a lot of her songs that would be much better if the background singers and/or music had been more subdued.
30. Jo-Jo the Dog-faced Boy: This has to go down as being one of the strangest songs I have ever heard. Still, in a way, it's actually sort of cute in the 'it's so god awful bad it's cute' manner.
31. Just a Toy: Another cute song.
32. Let's Twist Again: She does a good job on this cover.
33. Like a Baby: Another cute song.
34. Lonely Guitar: Her voice is good on the song. What really, really hurts it is some of the strange background playing. The song should have just been her and someone playing the guitar, gently. Instead we get something that's a mix of Secret Agent Man and The Outer Limits. There's a video I saw with the her singing the same song but without all the background stuff and it was really good.
35. Love Me Forever: Good song. I think it's the English version of O Solo Mio.
36. Luau Cha Cha Cha: Fairly decent, nice beat.
37. Ma He's Making Eyes at Me: An old song that Annette does well. The only problem it has is the same as most other songs of the time, and that is an overuse of background singers.
38. Mr. Piano Man: Her voice just doesn't seem to match the type of voice I picture singing this type of song. I think it takes a more mature, sensual voice for this song.
39. Muscle Beach Party: Typical beach-type song of the time.
40. Music! Music! Music!: A cover of a really old song, comparatively, the 'put another nickel in the nickelodeon.' She does quite well on this song.
Annette song part 3
41. My Heart Became of Age
42. My Little Grass Shack
43. O Dio Mio
44. Pajama Party
45. Pineapple Princess
46. Please Please Signore
47. Poor Someone
48. Promise Me Anything
49. Ride the Wild Surf
50. Secret Surfin' Spot
51. Secret Weapon
52. Shut Down Again
53. Strummin' Song
54. Surfer Boy
55. Surfin' Holiday
56. Surfin' USA
57. Swingin' and Surfin'
58. Talk to Me Baby
59. Tall Paul
41. My Heart Became of Age: I think someone is using a ukulele on the song. Sort of cute, really. Definitely an older sound to this, lots of sax and background singing (sort of).
42. My Little Grass Shack: Sort of a jazz version of the song. For once the background musicians are very well balanced with Annette's singing. They also do a neat solo part of their own.
43. O Dio Mio: Sung entirely in Italian. Not a bad song.
44. Pajama Party: Cute song, decent musical background, no drowning her voice out with background singers, either.
45. Pineapple Princess: This is another of her well-known songs and is really cute.
46. Please Please Signore: A girl wants to get out of an engagement in order to be with 'the boy she loves.' Good song.
47. Poor Someone: Slow-style song, including a section where Annette just talks. I think it's a little over-done.
48. Promise Me Anything: A really nice song.
49. Ride the Wild Surf: Another typical beach song. Pretty decent song.
50. Secret Surfin' Spot: Again, a typical beach song which is pretty decent and Annette is not drowned out by music or background singers.
51. Secret Weapon: Another really cute song.
52. Shut Down Again: A car-racing type of sing, reminding one of the Beach Boys songs of this type. It's quite good.
53. Strummin' Song: It's like this was recorded with her standing kind of far away from the microphone most of the time. The background singers really overdue things, too. Not that great.
54. Surfer Boy: This is a re-oriented version of the Beach Boy's song Surfer Girl. She does a very good job. The background singers could have been better, though.
55. Surfer's Holiday: Another good beach type of song.
56. Surfin' USA: Annette covers this Beach Boy song. She does rather well on it.
57. Swingin' and Surfin': Another beach song. A pretty good song.
58. Talk to Me Baby: A slow song. Pretty good.
59. Tall Paul: A cute sort of song. Was one of her best known.
Annette, My Story part 4
61. Teenage Wedding
62. Tell Me Who's The Girl
63. The Crazy Place from Outer Space
64. The Hucklebuck
65. The Monkey's Uncle
66. The Rock and Roll Waltz
67. The Scrambled Egghead
68. The Train of Love
69. The Truth About Youth
70. This Time It's Love
71. Treat Him Nicely
72. Two Against the World
73. Wah Watusi
75. Waiting For You
76. Walkin' and Talkin'
77. Who's The Girl
78. Wild Willie
79. I Think You Think
80. Let's Get Together
81. The Parent Trap
61. Teenage Wedding: A cute song.
62. Tell Me Who's The Girl; A song about a girl being jealous of another girl. Again, Annette's voice is good but the background singers are almost overwhelming.
63. The Crazy Place from Outer Space: Whoever wrote this must have been on some of that funny stuff at the time. Change that. Make it a lot of that funny stuff. Still, it's kind of cute in the Purple People Eater way.
64. The Hucklebuck: Sounds like a really old song.
65. The Monkey's Uncle: Pretty cute and with decent background singing.
66. The Rock and Roll Waltz: Another rather odd uniting of musical styles.
67. The Scrambled Egghead: From the Merlin Jones movie. It opens with talking. There's more talking during the song. More talking than singing.
68. The Train of Love: A cute song.
69. The Truth About Youth: Again, background singers that need to be put in an airless room for a few hours. Annette then comes in, talking. When she sings she's good on this. Too much talking, though. Not a very good song at all.
70. This Time It's Love: A song with a slow beat. Very nice except for someone hitting a xylophone or something like that at random intervals.
71. Treat Him Nicely: All right song about a girl that lost her boyfriend because she didn't treat him well.
72. Two Against the World: Song about 17-year old love. Pretty good.
73. Wah Watusi: Annette covers this song of the times. She does a good job on the song.
74. Wakiki: Beach-type song. I think this would have made a really neat song for the Beach Boys (with a few modifications relating to the gender of the singer.)
75. Waiting For You:
76. Walkin' and Talkin': Yet another cute song.
77. Who's The Girl: A song about a girl being jealous of another girl. Again, Annette's voice is good but the background singers are almost overwhelming.
78. Wild Willie: Song about a guy that plays around. The background singers are overdone rather a bit. Annette's singing is fine, though.
79. I Think You Think: A duet that has an older feel to it. Fairly good.
80. Let's Get Together: A duet that's pretty decent.
81. The Parent Trap: A duet. Works rather well.
Annette My Story part 5
82. Canzone D' Amore
83. Custom City
84. Dance Annette
85. Don't Stop Now
86. Draggin City USA
88. I Can't Do The Sum
89. I'll Never Change Him
90. Indian Giver
92. It's That Kind of Day
93. Lucky, Lucky Me
94. Merlin Jones
95. Mia Cara, Mia Amore
96. No Way to Go But Up
97. Perfect Boy
98. Rebel Rider
100. Song of the Islands
101. Stuffed Animals
102. Surfin' Luau
103. The Flapper Flip
104. The Maid and the Martian
106. Love Hurts (w/Everly Brothers)
107. Jamaica Ska (w/Fishbone)
108. Beach Blanket Bingo (w/Frankie Avalon)
109. Ginger Bread (w/Frankie Avalon)
82. Canzone D' Amore: A soft type of song. Pretty good.
83. Custom City: A Beach Boys-type song. I think it would have been if sung by them or by some male; it just doesn't seem like a song a girl of that times would sing.
84. Dance Annette: Cute, definitely a song of that times.
85. Don't Stop Now: More upbeat, but nothing really special about it.
86. Draggin' City USA: Another cars-oriented song that again is more suited to a male singer of the times than a female singer.
87. Hukilau: As expected, a Hawaiian-type song. A hukilau is a specific type of fishing procedure.
88. I Can't Do The Sum: Really, really cute. Really cute.
89. I'll Never Change Him: A pretty good song.
90. Indian Giver: Definitely politically incorrect in today's world, but for the times is wasn't. A pretty cute song for those times.
91. Italianette: Pretty cute.
92. It's That Kind of Day: She sings rather well, but what damages the song is once again the background singers who sing along with her. They're sort of a harsh sound.
93. Lucky, Lucky Me: Italian-type of song which she does quite well with.
94. Merlin Jones: To go with the movie, sort of cute.
95. Mia Cara, Mia Amore: Another Italian-sounding song that she does well with.
96. No Way to Go But Up: Another really good song.
97. Perfect Boy: Background singers are really, really bad in this one. Also the lyrics are not the greatest in this song. Not a winner.
98. Rebel Rider: Okay, but that's it.
99. Rock-a-Polka: A rather unlikely mixture of types. Somewhat cute.
100. Song of the Islands: A song about Hawaii. It's all right, but just that.
101. Stuffed Animal: Nice, gentle song.
102. Surfin' Luau: A cha-cha-cha type of song. Fairly decent.
103. The Flapper Flip: Trying to unite rock and roll and flapper music of the '20s. Odd.
104. The Maid and the Martian: Strange. Very, very strange. Doesn't have the cuteness of the Purple People Eater.
105. Rock-a-Cha: Another cute, basically outdated type of song.
106. Love Hurts (w/Everly Brothers): I know this is a track on the album, and I've also seen the You Tube video. However, I don't think Annette actually is singing with them. I've read her book and nowhere does she mention singing with them, although she does mention singing with the Beach Boys. So I have my doubts that his is a legitimate Annette-containing song.
107. Jamaica Ska (w/Fishbone): A good song.
108. Beach Blanket Bingo (w/Frankie Avalon): Duet of course, theme song to the movie.
109. Ginger Bread (w/Frankie Avalon): First, no Annette. Second, this is really a bad song, Truly, really, completely a bad song.
Main Annette Index