Heart Mountain, Wyoming Sentinel Supplement, Issues 111-130
111. August 17, 1943: Additional outside employment offers received; last community dance to be held; shoes for repair to be accepted; sewing class resumed; little theatre group to be formed.
112. August 19, 1943: More outside employment offers received. (2 pages of only this).
113. August 23, 1943: Employment office receives additional offers; WAC recruiting to start soon; seek 225 women, 10 men for cannery work; man dies from injuries sustained in accident; general information; thank you notice.
114. August 25, 1943: Outside employment office gets additional job offers; well baby clinic hours announced; classes in dietetics held; general information; vacation church school to hold closing exercises; transportation no longer provided on seasonal leaves; joint Boy Scout meeting proposed; registrations being taken for girl's glee club; sports announcements; general information.
115. August 26, 1943: Employment offers continue to pour in; (2 from Montana; 4 from Michigan, 2 from Illinois; 1 from Idaho, 1 from Colorado, 1 from Ohio and 1 from Nebraska); recruiting of 300 beet workers to begin; public announcements can be made at two theaters; general information.
116. August 31, 1943: Additional employment offers received; lost & found; thank you notice.
117. September 1, 1943: Additional job offers listed by employment office; Navy seeks 8' by 10' view cameras; ball playing between barracks banned; sumo tournament to be held; fresh fish to be sold by community enterprises; elementary school children register; chess, bridge tourneys slated; general information.
118. September 2, 1943: Messages to Japan will be accepted; more job offers received at outside employment office; kindergarten registration set; sugar company officials to confer with employment chief; plan aid for shipping property to Tule Lake; users of recreation halls to meet; sumo tournament postponed; twilight baseball games eliminated; lost & wanted items.
119. September 3, 1943: Women urged to enroll for nurses' aide course; more job offers received at outside employment office; unemployment compensation here; invitations issued to recreation hall conference; store no. 3 closes Sunday.
120. September 6, 1943: More job offers received at outside employment office; high school students to aid in local harvest; identification photos taken at administrative building; Donna Durbin, western pictures will be shown this week; wake services; last rites; Zebras win five more games; general information.
121. September 7, 1943: New WRA employment regulations announced; more job offers received at outside employment office.
122. Only in Japanese.
123. September 14, 1943: More job offers received at outside employment office; segregees to get clothing allowance; Issei, Nisei urged to enroll for nurse's aid work; registration for shorthand classes; general information; thank you notice.
124. September 16, 1943: More job offers received at outside employment office; greater care asked in disposal of hot ashes; car group meetings set; men wanted immediately for Powell seed, bean mills; Girl Scouts to hold court of awards meeting; general information; attractive job offer received by employment office.
125. Sept. 17, 1943: More job offers received at outside employment office; general information; thank you notice.
126. Sept. 20, 1943: Segregees asked not to take food on train; don't pack matches in baggage; segrees asked to turn in cash register receipts; evacuees inspect conditions in sugar beet area; wake for 11-year-old boy; relocation moving picture to be shown; general information; thank you notice.
127. Sept. 22, 1943: Community-wide carnival slated; seek 48 men as pin-setters in Spokane; moving pictures on Ohio to be shown; more job offers received at outside employment office.
128. Sept. 24, 1943: Warning-Coal shipments curtailed; privately stored property reported damaged; wake for ex-California man; general information; more job offers received at outside employment office; two thank-you notices; trade schools opened to Nisei; general information; farewell notice.
129. Sept. 28 (?), 1943: Cooperation asked in housing adjustments; wake services; positions open on Sentinel staff; help wanted by engineering department; general announcements; August paychecks to arrive after October 1; drum and bugle corps to welcome Tule Lake arrivals; sports announcements; more job offers received at outside employment office; two lost items; three thank-you notices.
130. Sept. 30, 1943: More job offers at outside employment office; general information; two thank-you notices, one lost item.
Japan main page
Japanese-American Internment Camps index page
Japan and World War II index page