Fort Lewis, Washington
This was a U.S. Army Internment Camp that held people of Japanese descent along with German and Italian nationals. It opened in 1942 and closed on March 30, 1043. It was a temporary facility, with the Japanese and Italian internees sent to the Dept. of Justice camp at Forst Missoula, and the German internees sent to the Dept. of Justice camp at Fort Lincoln.
Japan main page
Japanese-American Internment Camps index page
Japan and World War II index page