Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi- Spike
This is a rather disappointing cd from the group. Definitely inferior to their JET recording, this one has largely songs that are passable, but there aren't any stand-out songs on the cd at all. Love So Pure is probably the best on on it. By my own count, out of 15 songs on the cd there are about a third of them that are just ok at best; there are a couple that I don't like at all, and most of the otehrs I note only for some interesting trait of the song such as Beatles-like guitar riffs.
1. Boogie Woogie No. 5: A very cute song, done as a jazz number. There is some piano in the song and, at times, it doesn't sound right.
2. Violet: Another quite good song. The guitar riffs in this are very much in the style of the Beatles music.
3. Shut Your Mouth, Honey: Another good rock song.
4. Cosmic Wonder: Not my favorite song. It's ok, but is just sort of flat-sounding. I also don't care for the way the song ends.
5. Destruction Pankake: A very strange type of song. Strange can be good, but in this case I don't think it is.
6. Su-I-Su-I: Sort of a mix of Beach Boys, Nancy Sinatra, and westerns. Definitely different.
7. Sui Sui: The same song, basically, done in a more rock format. It works better this way.
8. Swimming Pool: Sort of a disco-sound type of song.
9. Green Apple: An ok song.
10. This Is the Song of Sweet Sweet Season When Cherry Garcia Blossoms Bloom: One of the best songs on the cd.
11. Into the Beach: Another ok song.
12. Puffy's Rule: Another ok song.
13. Dec: yet another ok song.
14. Love So Pure: A very good song, again with Beatles-like guitar playing..
15. Wild Girls on Circuit [the Ready Made JBL Mix '99]: Not very good at all.
My Index Page
Back to start of Japanese section
Back to start of Japanese Singers section