Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Audio cd portion
1. Hi Hi: Really cute, ultra high-energy song.
2. Friends Forever: Again, an ultra-high energy, good song. The girls sound really, really cute.
3. Planet Tokyo: As high energy as the first two songs. It has a little too much noise in it, though, and the song itself isn't quite as good as the first two.
4. Joining a Fan Club: Again, high energy, and again not quite as good as the first two songs. The weakest song of the cd so far.
5. Forever: Slightly slower paced than the other songs; the lyrics are also fairly good. The guitar background reminds me of the type of guitar background the Beatles used. Unfortunately, their harmony seems a little off on this track.
6. Vacation: An all right song with a good guitar section, but with very limited harmonies.
7. Love So Pure: Done entirely in English and it's a good song, more like the first two in quality.
8. True Asia: Another song that's just o.k.
9. Boogie Woogie No. 5: Now this is more like it. Cute, funny, interesting beat, more like something from their Jet album.
10. That's the Way It Is: this is from one of their other albums and is one of their best songs.
11. Sunrise: Another really good song.
12. Into the Beach: The musical part is almost too loud compared to the singing. The song would be a fairly decent song except for that problem.
13. December: A song with a different, more relaxed sort of beat to it. Pretty good.
14. Teen Titans Theme: This is sort of like the song Secret Agent Man in parts. Then cross that with a cheerleaders-type chant. It's cute.
DVD-portion of disc
Actually, it isn't. When you can finally bring up the menu to choose either the music part or this CD Extra part, you click on a button to connect you to the internet and Sony music. The label says "Put this CD in your computer to watch animated footage, videos and more."
Now, in my opinion, most people would assume that the material was on the cd but it's not. If you click on the button to see the videos, etc, you are connected to Sony music on line (if it works; I had to try four times before I got a connection that worked), and you end up on a page with a variety of things to choose from.
Not all of which work, of course. You have three workable choices to see a very small version of a video and I'm not just talking short here. This is a massively misleading label and not at all a good way to endear reviewers to your product.
My Index Page
Back to start of Japanese section
Back to start of Japanese Singers section