2. 20th Party: A nice, quite upbeat song for the opening of the concert.
3. Paced about the same as song 2, another song where she's moving all over the stage, up and down, side to side.
4. Talk 1
5. A song with a little more power and a special guitarist.
6. Very slightly slower paced with a Chinese-sounding background. The guitarist should stay strictly on playing guitar and not trying to sing along. An ok song.
7. Pretty Baby: Another decent song, but so far all the songs are very similar to each other in pacing and arrangement. This one has a very long musical closing to give Seiko Matsuda time for a costume change.
8. Rain: She comes out with a completely different outfit and wig on. This is kind of a small point, I guess, but I don't care for either outfit so far. They both look very flat and relatively boring. The second outfit looks better from a distance then it does closeup, though. The song itself is slower paced and she does a very good job with it.
9. Talk 2
10. Unseasonable Shore: This is a really good song, definitely the best one so far.
11. Another very pretty song.
12. A pretty good song although a couple times she seemed to have a little trouble with the notes. All the songs of this first part of the concert have been similar to each other, though. Even though they are good songs, some really, really good, there should have been a little more variety.
13. Members Solo: As the track name says, this track is for solo petpances by the band, giving her time to change her costume.
14. She's changed her costume during the break.. The song itself is a slightly faster paced, more playful type of song than the others and is pretty good.
15. Talk 3: Combination talk and singing.
16. The guitarist/piano player sings a song.
17. Talk 4:Very short.
18. A duet which, in my opinion, doesn't work real well.
19. Talk 5: She gets some presents and letters from the audience and interacts with them quite well.
20. (Medley): There are selections from quite a few songs. A couple things are notable on this track. First, a lot of the songs are faster paced than the others in this particular concert. Secondly, the screen behind her shows scenes of her doing some of these songs when she was younger and her timing of singing the songs live matches perfectly with the lip movements of her singing the songs when she was younger. That type of timing had to take a lot of work to pull off. The songs, themselves, are quite good, too.
21. Talk 6
22. A much more upbeat song than the others so far in the concert and really, really good.
23. She reappears after a short break in what is almost a sweet lolita-type of outfit and does one of the best songs in the entire concert.
24. A lot of audience sing-along on this upbeat, excellent song.
25. A very short interview not done at the concert, apparently.
Back to start of my Japanese section
My Index Page
Back to start of Seiko Matsuda section